Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Today's post brought to you by Carson (and Jenni)

Today I realized some things that I will miss about this particular phase of Carson's life. Isn't it true that the quirky little thing that they do day in and day out, they one day wake up and never do again? That's heavy stuff - it makes this momma want to weep!

One of Carson's "things" is that every measure of time, if it's not RIGHT THIS SECOND, is "last week" to him. I love, love, love it. Also, he ends about half his sentences with "I guess". A therapist may tell you that reflects uncertainty and yadda yadda.  Since Carsie knows we think he's totally awesome, I think it's just a cute thing he does. :) I asked him to tell me a story so I can remember it forever. Here goes:

"My cousins were here last week and a tree fell on Gramma's house. Firewood fell on the ground and there were deep holes in the grass. I saw it when I was playing on the iPad. My friends were at my house, and Poppa chopped down the tree on Gramma's house while I was sleeping. I got flowers for Mom. I went to the pool last week and there was a slide there, a fast one and a really big one. It wasn't dark in there, and um, I was playing with my Dad. The End. Hey mom - it's the end. That was fun!"

There you go. Most of those things are true, they just didn't happen last week. :) I guess.



1 comment:

Mom said...

This brings tears to my eyes! So, so cute. I love my Kooks!